I LOVE roasted sweet potatoes but not how long they take in the oven. Check out this delicious and easy way to cook sweet potatoes in an air fryer.
An easy way to cook sweet potatoes
When the weather starts to turn fall, the first thing I think about cooking is sweet potatoes.
But sometimes I want a recipe that is quick and simple. This recipe is an easy way to cook sweet potatoes. And all it takes is an air fryer to make this quick side dish.
Sweet potatoes are a great fall food, they taste amazing with beef, chicken, pork, and more.
If you haven’t checked out the air fryers yet, find out what you can make in an air fryer! You’ll be amazed!
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Recipe for making roasted diced sweet potatoes
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Roasting sweet potatoes in an air fryer
This post will walk you through roasting sweet potatoes in an air fryer. But I will admit. It’s ridiculously easy. You’re going to wonder why you hadn’t been doing it all along.
You’ll be able to add these sweet potatoes to any meal.
Tips for making roasted diced sweet potatoes
- Make sure to cut your sweet potatoes in even pieces. This will ensure that they roast evenly.
- Cut the potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. You could go larger, but that will increase the cooking time.
- I prefer to use simple salt and pepper. But many are looking for a good seasoning for roasted sweet potatoes. Check out this sweet and spicy seasoning for an added kick.
- While you could sub tan or purple potatoes, I recommend sticking with the red sweet potatoes. They are sweeter and have a creamier texture.
How to make roasted sweet potato chunks
Begin by preheating your air fryer to 390 degrees.
Sprinkle the cut sweet potatoes with salt and pepper. Mix them together well.
Spray the fryer basket with a nonstick spray or brush with a light coat of olive oil.
Spread the sweet potatoes evenly onto the basket. Make sure they are in a single layer.
Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until fork-tender. Flipping once in the middle.
Serve alongside your favorite entre.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Nonstick Cooking Spray or olive oil
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees.
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks
- Once heated, spray the air fryer basket with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay the sweet potatoes in the basket. Make sure they are in a single layer.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until they are fork-tender, flipping once.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
Pin these roasted sweet potatoes
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who’d like an easy way to cook sweet potatoes? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!