A quick family meal that uses peppers and frozen meatballs in the instant pot. Perfect for creating a fast dinner that everyone will love!
Frozen meatballs in the instant pot
I LOVE what I can cook in a pressure cooker. Everything is so easy to make and so quick.
When my grocery store had a sale on frozen meatballs, I knew that stocking up was a good idea. But so many recipes were the basic BBQ meatballs or the classic grape jelly meatballs.
I wanted a recipe that had a good twist. This recipe is a good spin on the classic Chinese beef and peppers recipe.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Recipe peppers and frozen meatballs in a pressure cooker
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Tips for making instant pot frozen meatballs and sauce
- Keep the meatballs frozen. The instant pot does all the work.
- Add rice to make this a complete meal!
- Make sure that you have a good steamer basket for your pressure cooker.
How to cook frozen meatballs in an Instant Pot
Insert the steamer basket into the pressure cooker and add water.
Add the frozen meatballs. Cook for 8 minutes on high pressure.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce.
Once the meatballs are done cooking drain the Instant Pot and return the meatballs to the pot along with the green peppers. Set the pressure cooker to saute mode.
Pour in the sauce and stir well.
Once the sauce has thickened, remove from the pressure cooker and top with sesame seeds.
Instant Pot Pepper Beef Meetballs
Use frozen meatballs to make a quick and delicious dinner. Add rice to make this meal stretch and feed 4 instead of 2.
- 1 bag of frozen meatballs
- 2 bell peppers; chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup water
- 5 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Pour the water into the instant pot and insert the basket trivet.
- Add frozen meatballs.
- Set cooker to 8 minutes high pressure. (If your meatballs are only slightly frozen, reduce the time)
- Release the pressure once the pressure cooker stops counting.
- Remove the meatballs to a bowl and set aside.
- Drain the insert pot and then put it back into the pressure cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce.
- Combine the meatballs and bell peppers in the pressure cooker and set to saute mode.
- Pour in the sauce and stir well.
- Once the sauce thickens, remove from the pressure cooker and top with sesame seeds.
This dish is delicious served over rice!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 2523mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 7g
Bell peppers and beef
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who’d like these peppers and frozen meatballs cooked in the Instant Pot? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!