This easy recipe for broccoli rice and cheese casserole is perfect for a meatless Monday. Whole ingredients make this classic recipe super easy to whip up.
Easy recipe for broccoli rice and cheese casserole
Sometimes you look in your fridge and realize you have nothing defrosted. You could use your Ninja Foodi to whip up something with frozen meat.
Or you could make this delicious meatless casserole. Consider it a meatless Monday go-to.
It’s a quick and versatile dish that works great for a weeknight dinner.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Fresh broccoli cheese casserole
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Easy cheesy broccoli rice casserole
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then combine the cooked broccoli and cooked rice in a 9×13 dish. Set this aside for now.
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Then add cornstarch and mix until roux forms, about 5 minutes.
Add the milk and season with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika. Bring it to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and stir in the shredded cheese, until melted.
Pour the cheese sauce over the rice and broccoli and give it a good stir to combine.
For the topping, combine the melted butter and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Then sprinkle them over the top of the broccoli, rice, and cheese.
Bake the casserole for 30 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the sauce is bubbling.
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 1 package frozen broccoli florets, cooked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a 9x13 casserole dish, combine cooked broccoli and rice. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add cornstarch and whisk until roux forms, about 5 minutes.
- Add milk and stir to combine. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Bring the milk to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese until melted.
- Pour cheese sauce over the broccoli rice mixture, stir to combine.
- For the topping, combine melted butter and breadcrumbs in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the top of the broccoli, rice, and cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and cheese sauce is bubbling.
Easy broccoli cheese rice casserole
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who wants to know how to this easy cheesy broccoli rice casserole? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!