Learn how to cook a whole garlic chicken in the Ninja Foodi using this delicious garlic herb chicken recipe. It’s easy and delicious. Perfect for a weekend family dinner or stocking up on diced chicken for the week.
How to cook a whole garlic chicken in the Ninja Foodi
Cooking a whole chicken in the Ninja Foodi is super simple and creates a delicious dinner for the whole family.
This recipe combines delicious garlic with a classic recipe. It’s easy and sure to make its way into your dinner rotation.
If you aren’t in the mood for extra garlic, try this lemon chicken recipe instead.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Ninja Foodi garlic chicken
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Pressure cooker recipes for a whole chicken
The Ninja Foodi combines the cooking power of a pressure cooker and an air fryer. So if you have either or both of those appliances, you can still make this delicious meal.
Begin by prepping your chicken however you typically prep. I like to rinse mine and then pat dry with a paper towel.
Next, mix together the dry seasonings and rub half of it into the breast meat, under the skin along with the minced garlic.
Place the entire bulb of garlic inside the chicken and tie the legs closed.
Pour the water into the Ninja Foodi cooker pot.
Place the chicken into the crisping basket, tucking the wings under.
Cover with the pressure cooker lid and set the valve to sealing. Pressure cook for 22 minutes.
Once done, do a natural release for 5 minutes, followed by a quick release.
Brush the chicken with melted butter and sprinkle the remaining half of the seasoning mix.
Cover with the crisping lid and Air Crisp at 400 degrees for 8 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
What to cook with a whole chicken
If you do not have a Ninja Foodi yet, you can still create this delicious meal with your pressure cooker.
Follow the directions above through the quick release.
Carefully move the chicken from the pressure cooker into a baking pan. Brush the chicken with the butter and remaining seasoning mixture.
Set your oven to “broil”. Place your cooked chicken under the broiler and watch it closely! Once the chicken has reached your desired crispiness, pull it out and let it rest.
- 4 to 5 pound whole chicken, giblets removed
- 1 bulb garlic, whole
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ cup water
- Mix together the dry seasonings.
- Rub the minced garlic and half of the seasoning blend between the skin and the meat of the chicken. Place the bulb of garlic inside of the chicken. Tie the chicken legs shut with cooking twine.
- Pour water into the cooker pot.
- Place chicken into the crisping basket, tucking the wings under.
- Cover with the pressure cooker lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Set the pressure cooker for 22 minutes. Once the cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Brush the chicken with melted butter and sprinkle with the remaining dried seasonings.
- Cover with the crisping lid and set the Air Crisp function to 400 degrees. Cook for 8 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.
- Remove the chicken from the Ninja Foodi and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Instant pot garlic chicken
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who wants to know how to cook a whole garlic chicken in the Ninja Foodi? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!