This recipe for a chili cheese hot dog casserole with tortillas is sure to become a family favorite. Sub regular tortillas for a low carb variety and you have a low carb casserole.
Chili cheese hot dog casserole with tortillas
My kids LOVE hot dogs. But I can only handle the dog on a bun dinner every so often. So I’m left holding an 8 pack and wondering what to make with hot dogs.
This chili cheese dog casserole is perfect for a weeknight dinner with the family or a game night party with friends.
You can easily swap regular tortillas for a low carb version if you’re on a low-carb diet.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Recipe for a chili cheese dog casserole
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Tips for making this simple chili cheese hot dog casserole
- Try subbing out all the dry seasoning for a package of chili mix.
- If you prefer a bit of a kick, chop up a small jalapeno to add to the tomato mix.
- Swap out the regular tortillas for a low-carb option.
How to make chili cheese dog casserole with tortillas
Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Once your beef is cooked and drained, add the tomatoes, water, and dry seasonings. Bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 8-10 minutes. Don’t forget to stir it ever so often.
Spoon about a half cup of the sauce into the bottom of the greased pan. This will help to prevent the tortillas from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Next, roll one hotdog in one tortilla. Place it, seam side down, into the pan. Repeat with all the dogs.
Pour the rest of the sauce over the hot dogs.
Top it with the cheese. Yum!
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the middle has set nicely.
Serve it with yummy hot dog toppings like pickles, mustard, onions, sauerkraut, etc.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained well
- 1 - 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 tortillas or wraps
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, combine cooked beef with tomatoes, water, and dry seasonings. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spoon about ½ cup of the sauce into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Roll each hot dog in a tortilla and place it on the sauce with the seam-side down.
- Pour remaining sauce over the hotdogs.
- Top casserole with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is set.
- Serve with hotdog toppings like pickles, mustard, onion, sauerkraut, etc.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 569Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 911mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 30g
Hot dog casserole recipes
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who’d like this hot dog casserole with tortillas? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!