There is nothing more comforting than chili on a crisp fall day. This recipe for making chili in a pressure cooker is a 30-minute recipe that’s perfect for serving before practice or before the big game.
Making chili in a pressure cooker
I love a really good bowl of chili. With the beef and beans all soaking up the delicious flavors. You can let a pot simmer all day long, and there really isn’t a better chili than that.
But let’s be real. How often does a family have time for award-winning chili? Not very often. Instead, I pull out my Instant Pot and whip up this amazing little chili recipe.
Cooking chili in a pressure cooker is so much faster and makes it so that we can have delicious chili on even the busiest evenings.
If you don’t have all the ingredients to make chili, maybe you have enough to whip up one of these other meals with hamburger meat.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Recipe for making chili
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Cooking chili in a pressure cooker
This post will walk you through making Instant Pot chili with beans and how to freeze it for later.
The best part about cooking anything, including chili, in a pressure cooker is the FLAVOR!! Cooking anything in a pressure cooker makes it tender and enhances the flavors.
So even though this recipe has really simple ingredients for making chili, the flavor is still there.
Tips for making this simple chili recipe
- Our Instant Pot has a Saute setting. If your model doesn’t have this setting, check the user manual to find the correct setting.
- This recipe uses a seasoning packet. If you prefer to make your own mix, check out this recipe.
How to make chili in a pressure cooker
Use the saute mode on your pressure cooker and add the ground beef. Cook until browned, adding the onions about halfway through the cooking.
Once the beef is cooked through, turn off the pressure cooker to add the tomato sauce and seasoning mix. Give it a good stir.
Next, add the chili beans, diced tomatoes, and beef broth. Give it another good stir.
Put on the lid and seal the valve. Set the pressure cooker for 30 minutes.
Once the cooking time is up, do a natural release.
If you prefer a thicker chili, add a cornstarch and water mix.
Instant pot chili with beans
If you're making chili in a pressure cooker, look no further than this instant pot chili with beans recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
- 1 packet chili seasoning mix
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 27-oz can chili beans
- 1 10-oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water (optional)
- Set the pressure cooker to saute mode and add the ground beef. Cook the ground beef until browned, add the diced onions halfway through cooking.
- When the beef is cooked through, turn off the pressure cooker and add the tomato sauce and seasoning mix. Stir to combine.
- Add the beef broth, chili beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid onto the pressure cooker and seal the valve. Set the cooker to pressure cook for 30 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, do a natural release. Stir to combine ingredients and serve immediately. For a thicker chili, follow step 6.
- To thicken the chili, add the cornstarch and water mixture and stir to combine. Set the pressure cooker to saute mode and allow the chili to simmer for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When chili begins to thicken, turn off the pressure cooker and allow the chili to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 2133mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 7gSugar: 10gProtein: 36g
Pin this Instant pot chili with beans
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who’d like this recipe for making chili? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!