This Cajun 15 bean soup pressure cooker recipe is a hearty bean soup with ham. So easy to whip up. It’s a perfect family meal for a cold night.
Cajun 15 bean soup pressure cooker
I LOVE Cajun food. The spice and flavors blend to create a meal that never fails.
Our Cajun Alfredo with penne pasta is a huge hit, so I wanted to add another fun Cajun recipe.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Cajun 15 bean soup recipe
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
15 bean soup with ham
Set the pressure cooker to saute mode and add the vegetable oil. Once hot, add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
Then add the garlic and saute for another minute.
Turn off the pressure cooker and add one cup of chicken broth and deglaze the bottom of the pan.
Add the cajun seasoning and parsley.
Add the beans, bacon, diced ham, water, and chicken broth. Give it a good stir.
Place the lid on the pressure cooker and make sure the vent is sealed. Cook for 35 minutes.
Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes, then finish it off with a quick release.
Give the soup a good stir before combining.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 20-ounce package 15-bean blend
- 5 strips bacon, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 8-ounce package diced ham
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups chicken broth (divided)
- Set your pressure cooker to saute mode and add the oil. Once hot, add the onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Turn off the pressure cooker and add one cup of the chicken broth. Deglaze the pot and season with the Cajun seasoning and parsley.
- Add the beans, bacon, ham, water, and remaining broth. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid onto the cooker and make seal the vent. Set for 35 minutes.
- Allow a natural release for 10 minutes before doing a quick release.
- Stir and serve!
For a thicker soup, mash some of the beans using a potato masher and stir them into the soup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 513Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 1139mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 21gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g
Pressure cooker bean soup
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who wants a Cajun 15 bean soup recipe? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!