This Cajun chicken pasta penne recipe has just the right amount of spice with a creamy alfredo sauce. Your taste buds will thank you for this simple Cajun dinner recipe.
Cajun chicken pasta penne recipe
Sometimes you just need a spicy dish. This creamy and delicious chicken pasta dish is sure to hit the spot.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Cajun alfredo sauce recipe
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Spicy chicken penne pasta recipes
Start by boiling your noodles according to the package instructions.
While that’s going, dry the chicken breasts and season with the Cajun seasoning. The more seasoning you use the spicier the dish will be.
Melt 1 Tablespoon of the button in a large saute pan, then add the chicken.
Cook the chicken until it’s done, flipping at least once.
Remove the chicken from the pan and add the remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter, along with the half-and-half, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Whisk everything together.
Remove from the heat and add the parmesan cheese, stirring until it’s melted in.
Add the pasta and diced tomatoes to the sauce and stir to combine.
Dice the chicken and place it on top of the served pasta. Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and parsley.
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 2 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 1 Tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tomato (diced)
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley (optional)
- Cook the penne noodles according to the package's directions.
- Dry the chicken and cover with cajun seasoning (the more you use, the spicier the meal will be)
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat
- Add the chicken and cook until it is cooked through, flipping at least once, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the warm pan, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, half-and-half, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and add the parmesan cheese, stirring until it’s melted.
- Toss the pasta and diced tomatoes with the sauce and place on serving plates.
- Cut the chicken into strips and place on top of the pasta.
- Garnish with extra parmesan cheese and parsley.
Simple cajun chicken pasta
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who wants a Cajun alfredo sauce recipe? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!