This Lil smokies pigs in a blanket recipe is great for a party or group dinner. People can pull apart as many as they want. Perfect for the big game or a birthday party!
Lil smokies pigs in a blanket recipe
These pigs in a blanket with mini hot dogs are perfect for your next party or to bring to the big game.
They are simple to make and fun to eat! You could even make them for dinner!!
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Pigs n blanket recipe Lil smokies
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Hot dogs in a blanket
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Spray a round cake pan with non-stick spray.
Mix together the melted butter and garlic powder. Set aside for now.
Roll out the pizza dough and flatten it with a rolling pin.
Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into pieces that are 1 inch by 2 inches.
Wrap the dough pieces around the cocktail sausages and press to seal.
Stand the sausages up around the cake pan. Don’t overcrowd them.
Continue to place the sausages in a circle. Tuck a wadded up piece of foil in the middle.
Drizzle the butter and garlic over the top and back for 30-40 minutes.
Allow them to cool for 10 minutes before removing to a serving plate.
To put on the serving plate, place a plate over the cake pan and flip the sausages out. Then place the serving plate over the sausages again and flip to bring them upright.
- 1 to 2 cans refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 (28 ounces) package cocktail sausages, patted dried
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll out the pizza dough and flatten evenly with a rolling pin.
- Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut pizza dough into pieces that are 1 inch by 2 inches.
- Wrap dough pieces around cocktail sausages and press to seal.
- Stand sausages up around cake pan. Do not overcrowd.
- Continue placing sausages in the circle until it is as full as desired. If space remains in the middle, crumple up a piece of aluminum foil and tuck it into the middle.
- Mix together melted butter and garlic powder. Pour over sausages.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the dough is cooked. If the sausages begin to get too dark, loosely tent with aluminum foil.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the cake pan. To remove, place a plate over the cake pan and flip sausages out. Then, place the serving plate over the sausages and flip to bring upright.
Recipe for pigs in a blanket using little smokies
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who wants a recipe for pigs in a blanket using little smokies? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!