These pretzel wrapped hot dogs are so much fun! The golden pretzel dough pairs perfect with an all-beef hot dog. It’s perfect for a party or a
Pretzel wrapped hot dogs
Looking for something fun to mix up your weeknight dinner rotation? Maybe you’re hosting a party and want a unique food idea.
These pretzel dogs are the perfect cure for the boring hot dog dinner.
This page contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase using the link, I could receive a commission check out all the details here.
Hot dog recipes without buns
If you’re currently standing in line at the grocery store trying to decide what to cook for dinner, don’t stress! Pin this to your favorite recipe board and it will be ready when you are!
Hot dog dinner idea
Grab your stand mixer and attach the dough hook.
Stir together the water, sugar, and salt until the salt dissolves. Sprinkle the yeast on top and give it 5 minutes to bloom.
Add the flour to the mixer and beat while slowly drizzling the butter in.
Beat with the dough hook, on medium speed, for 5 minutes or until a smooth ball forms and the dough pulls from the side of the bowl.
Transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap or a loose towel. Let the dough rest in a warm spot for an hour, or until it doubles in size.
Next, preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bring 10 cups of water and the baking soda to a boil in a large stockpot.
on a greased surface, divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
Roll each dough ball into a rope that is about 18-24 inches long.
Pat the hotdogs dry and twist the pretzel dough around the hotdogs. Make sure to leave the tips exposed.
One at a time, drop the pretzel dogs into the boiling water and allow to boil for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on the baking sheet.
Mix together 1 Tablespoon of water with the egg yolk. Brush the pretzel hot dogs and immediately sprinkle with kosher salt.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the pretzels are golden brown.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup of warm water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon active dry yeast
- ¼ cup (½ stick) butter, melted
- 10 beef hotdogs
- 10 cups water, for boiling
- ⅔ cup baking soda, for boiling
- 1 egg yolk, for egg wash
- 1 Tablespoon water, for egg wash
- Coarse kosher salt
- In a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook, stir together water, sugar, and salt until the sugar dissolves. Sprinkle yeast over the top and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Add the flour to the mixer bowl and beat adding butter in a slow drizzle. Beat with the dough hook on medium speed for 5 minutes or until a smooth ball forms and the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Grease a clean bowl with oil and transfer dough to the oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap or a light towel and rest in a warm spot for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spritz with nonstick cooking spray or lightly grease with oil.
- In a large stockpot, bring water and baking soda to a boil.
- Meanwhile, grease a clean surface lightly with oil. Divide dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a rope about 18 to 24 inches long.
- Pat hotdogs dry. Twist pretzel dough around hotdogs, leaving the tips of the hotdogs exposed.
- One at a time, drop pretzel dogs into the boiling water and allow to boil for 30 seconds. Remove using a slotted turner and immediately place it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix together water and egg yolk. Brush over pretzel dogs and immediately sprinkle with kosher salt.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until the pretzel dogs are golden.
Pretzel dog recipe
This site wouldn’t be here without shares from people like you, and we are so thankful that you took the time to visit. Know a friend who wants a pretzel dog recipe? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite board on Pinterest.
Still trying to figure out what to make for dinner?
Check out these other recipes. We’re sure that you’ll find something delicious!